The majority of people on the planet have taken the time this January to accept reality after Christmas. The feelings of being broke, gaining Christmas weight and trying to make a life plan hits us in the form of ‘January Blues’. It’s time for you to seize 2017 and kick start your healthy journey this month. Workout, eat healthier, meditate if needs be. Do something new. Challenge yourself, and inspire those around you.
If you have never gone for a run or entered a gym, do it now. If you have no money like a lot of us, home workouts are just as sweaty and effective. I have recently started focusing on full body workouts in the form of plyometric or ‘Tabata’. I have started running again and am feeling the benefits of getting faster, leaner and happier. I think it is essential to do some form of exercise every day, even if it’s a 30 minute walk. The more your body moves, the more it craves to me.
With regard to eating healthier, I stand by meal prep. If you don’t prepare, hunger takes over and impulse purchasing of anything spar offers WILL happen. It happens to the best of us. Buy some lunch boxes, get your bum in the kitchen and make some delicious and nutritious food. You know what your own goal, you know what healthy foods are and what you should eat, so what’s stopping you?
Here is a food & exercise regime for you to follow 4-5 days a week this February <3 with luv, liv x
- 3 egg omelette with smoked salmon
- 40g of rolled oats with scoop of protein powder and chopped banana
- 3-4 Scrambled egg whites with mushrooms
- Poached chicken/salmon with lettuce & avocado
- Homemade pizza on a wrap with tomato pure, peppers and chicken
- Homemade salad with chicken, quinoa, avocado, tomatoes and balsamic dressing
- Zuchini pasta with chicken and tomatoes
- Poached salmon with 75g rice (when dry)
- Minced turkey mixed with peppers and sweet potato fries
- Poached chicken with chopped veg and salad
|10 minute sprints with 30 second intervals
||60 minute walk/ rest day from gym
||Foam roll about 30 seconds per muscle
||10 minute sprints with 30 second intervals
||10 knee tucks
|3 sets of 8 reps assisted pull-ups
||15 Jump lunges
||Barbell squats 3 sets x16 reps
||Warm up with light weight front raises
|3 sets of 16 lateral pull-downs
||10 bodyweight jump squats
||Dumbbell lunges 3sets x8 reps per leg
||3 sets x 16 chest press
||20 mountain climbers
|3 sets of 16 reps of low rows
||60 High knees
||Goblet squat with kettle bell 3 setsx10 reps
||3 setsx12 biceps curls with medium weight
||60 High knees
ALL ABOVE X 3/4 SETS
|3 sets of 12 Lateral raises
||15 mountain climbers
ALL ABOVE X 3/4 SETS
||3 setsx12 reps of leg press
||3×16 chest flyes on cables
||3 sets x 16 reps of shoulder press
|3 sets of 12 reps of face pulls using rope
||30 minute walk (try incline)
||3 setsx 16 reps hamstring curl
||3 x 10 tricep pulldowns using rope on cables
||3 sets x 16 side lateral raises
3×16 light weight shoulder frontraises
Tag me @bodyfitgeek after your workouts ladies!!!! XXXXX
The white chocolate is a guilty pleasure, so if you really want, replace it with high % dark chocolate
7 egg whites
¼ cup of coconut flour
2 scoops of Vanilla protein powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
70% Dark chocolate chunks or White chocolate chips (optional) EVEN BOTH
Tablespoon of vanilla essence or toffee flavouring
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together egg whites, coconut flour, protein powder, flavour of choice and baking soda in a blender.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture equally on baking sheet (around 10 cookies)
- Leave in oven for 15 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Leave to cool on wired rack & enjoy some delicious cookies J
Here’s a little something different – Treat yourself to a healthy dessert during the summer nights 🙂
1 Cup Rolled Oats
3 Egg whites, 1 yolk
100g Coconut flour
Vanilla Whey Protein ¾ scoop
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
10g Shredded coconut
150g Low fat cream cheese
150g low fat vanilla greek yogurt
1-2 Tbsp Vanilla extract
2 Scoops Vanilla protein powder
Handfull of White chocolate chunks (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Peel & chop up carrots and blend in a blender with all other cake ingredients above.
- If the mixture seems too liquidy, add more oats.
- Line tray with baking paper, and add cake mixture slowly.
- Put in oven for 45-50 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, the frosting can be prepared.
- Add all of the frosting ingredients and whip until a thick texture forms.
- When cake is baked, allow to cool on wire rack for an hour before icing.
- Spoon the icing onto the cake and smooth over, then sprinkle coconut flakes onto the top with white choco chips!
Voila, Enjoy x
If you are in any way like myself and obsessed with Nachos, Doritos or anything like that, this is the recipe for you. Guilt free treats for all those movie nights.
3 medium sweet potatoes
11/2 tsp paprika
Sea Salt flakes & Pepper
Optional – tbsp curry powder
1 Clove of Garlic, crushed
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius & line a baking tray with grease proof paper
- Wash and slice the sweet potatoes (with skin) into thin pieces, resembling crisps,
- In a bowl, toss the sliced potatoes in the coconut oil, salt, pepper & paprika.
- Place on baking tray evenly and bake for 25 minutes until crispy.
- Saute the red peppers on a pan while the potatoes are in the oven.
- To make the guacamole, gut an avocado and smash together with the juice of the lime and crushed garlic.
- Once the nachos are ready, scatter the red peppers and guacamole on top with some freshly chopped avocado and cherry tomatoes.
If you fancy a bit more, add some chorizo chunks for taste !
Enjoy & Happy Eating xxx
2 Boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
40g green olives, pitted
2 cloves of garlic
1 whole avocado
2 tsp paprika
Sprinkle of salt & pepper
- Boil chicken breasts in saucepan and allow simmering.
- Place stock cube in 500g water and bring to boil, and then add quinoa. Stir well until seeds have opened. Do not remove until all water has been absorbed.
- Finely chop the tomatoes and olives and place in bowl.
- Add sweetcorn to bowl and toss Chia seeds in.
- Slice an avocado into chunks and add to the bowl.
- Then add the chopped garlic, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add all of these ingredients to the cooked quinoa and mix.
- Slice the chicken breast and add into the quinoa bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice on top.
Hope you all enjoy! The Nachos in the picture are a separate recipe, get it here
Serves 2 – One of my personal favorites.
1 Tin of tomatoes
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (8oz)
1 Clove of garlic
1 Red pepper
Paprika for seasoning chicken
- Chop the peppers and garlic and put to the side.
- Using a potato peeler or spiralizer, peel the courgettes into ribbons until you reach seeded area and discard.
- Season the chicken with paprika and fry on a medium heat until fully cooked
- Add the peppers and garlic followed by the tinned tomatoes and lower the heat.
- Remove from heat & voila !
Omit chicken for Vege option or use fish instead! This tastes similar to pasta but is lower in carbs & calories.
2 eggs (1 yolk)
Scoop of hemp protein powder (I prefer Nua Naturals)
Mix it all up & enjoy!