- Swap coffee for Green tea in the morning
- Green tea is considered one of the healthiest drinks on the planet. It contains 1/3 the amount of caffeine than coffee, giving you a buzz without completely eliminating caffeine from your day.
- It is filled with antioxidants called polyphenols which rid your body of harmful free radicals, thus preventing disease.
- Fat burner? YES. Green tea is in nearly all fat burners and for a reason. Green tea has been proven to increase metabolism and has the ability to help you decrease body fat.
- Catechins help prevent infections and diseases and are known to kill influenza, and have anti-cancer properties!
- Drink more water
It seems like such a simple task, however it would shock you to realise that many people don’t drink nearly enough water a day. Try to get around 2 litres of water a day.
Tip: Add some lemon and lime into your water for some extra flava
- Yoga your way to happiness
The wonderful thing about yoga is you can use it before a workout or run as a means of stretching and you feel more energetic afterwards, and you can do yoga on rest days to move your body. Stretching is so important for your muscles to grow and I can’t recommend trying a yoga class enough. Go on. 1 class. Just try it, please.
- Moisturize after a shower
It is time to be your number one fan and love yourself from the inside, out. The reason I have added this one in here is because I neglected my skin for so long and focussed on my food, gym and work. Your skin faces the elements every day and doesn’t get enough attention. Nothing relaxes me more than lighting some candles and a good face moisturizer (what have I become). Side note- Use UV-A and UV-B protection even on cloudy day and keep those wrinkles away…..
- Walk once a day
I have made it my goal to try and reach 10,000 steps a day. Take some headphones or meet a friend and walk. It’s low intensity cardio that makes all the difference to your weight loss journey.
Tip: Wearing a Fitbit or other step tracker app is a great way of keeping you motivated and focused on what you want to achieve.
- Write a list of 5 things you hope to achieve by 2017
Once you do that, answer this.. How many of them have you began to achieve? It is nearly may and making a plan is the first step to success. I find writing things down makes the plan more concrete and allows me to process what I need to do about it. Grab a pen and get writing.
Tip: Treat yourself to a pretty notebook that you want to bring around – Pennys have cute ones for 2 euro (:
- Challenge your body once a week
Breaking up your normal routine is a wonderful way to blast fat and keep you on your fit toes. I like to throw some curve balls into my week such as hill sprints, box jumps and many spin classes that hurtttttt. Do something that makes you feel unstoppable, go for a hike and embrace nature, even go book a kayak with a friend and make a day of it. Get out of your comfort zone. Life is simply too short to put things off for another time.
Much love chicas